Network Members: Emilia Mataix Ferrándiz

 

Emilia Mataix Ferrándiz


I am currently a Maria Zambrano fellow in the Universidad del País Vasco (Spain), campus of Bizkaia. I earned my PhD in Roman law in march, 2014 (university of Alicante and Facolta di giurisprudenza Palermo) concerning the criminal liability for shipwrecking. I finished my 2nd PhD in archaeology  in June 2018, concerning the epigraphy of merchandise at the Universities of Southampton and Lyon 2 la lumière, related to the Portus limen project (http://portuslimen.eu/). My research interest lies on Roman law and especially on its commercial and maritime focus. With my research,  I aim to understand legal procedures from an anthropological point of view and thinking what do the parties in trade aimed to achieve by using certain legal mechanisms or practices.  I like to connect the materiality of epigraphy of merchandise with its legal context, by shifting the focus from traditional linguistic analysis to the means by which inscribed texts were created, shaped, and used as commercial tools in the different regions of the Mediterranean

More info at: https://metaaprendizaje.academia.edu/EmiliaMataixFerr%C3%A1ndiz


Comments

Popular Posts